A week before the first anniversary of Corey's passing, I had a thought about how I could share memories of him with those that loved him. I started putting together a slideshow of his photos, but had barely started before I knew it needed music. Almost instantly I knew what I wanted to use, Common Faith, a beautiful piece by pianist Michael Dulin.
I found his music through a local blogger, Virginia, in her Birmingham Alabama Daily Photo. The author is a friend of his and has included his music on some of her posts. I loved it, and downloaded several of my favorites from iTunes. Two of those, Simply Satie and Common Faith have at times been on "loop" on my computer, soothing me as I worked.
Through his blog, I wrote Mr. Dulin and explained that I'd like to use his work to complete the memorial for Corey. I would have understood completely if he'd said no, but I hoped he'd give permission, since I couldn't imagine anything else accompanying these visual thoughts of my son's life. I hit "send" and hoped for the best.
I was amazed when I received his reply before the evening was over. He was very kind, expressing condolences for Corey's passing. He had lost a family member just two days before, so we shared grief in common. He generously gave permission to use the song.
I am so grateful for his sweet and timely reply to my need. He is one more example that there are many nice people in the world. We just haven't met them yet.
Quote for the day:
“God does notice us, and he watches over us. But it is usually through another person that he meets our needs.” ~ Spencer W. Kimball

No comments:
Post a Comment