I think I've mentioned this article to all of you. I love the food cart idea, which apparently can be very profitable and FUN! This guy mentions it as a way to start your own business for little cash. I love his analogy of coffee and cocaine. People will pay dearly for their addictions, or their addiction to convenience. Love this guy's business savvy. Read to the end of the paragraph "A small chain of espresso carts". The rest I found boring.
And take a look at this cart's blog, Marination Mobile, just chosen as best food cart in the nation after being in business only 5 months. Clever descriptions of the menu items.
Then check out this article on Wall Street Journal site about the food truck revolution. The guy mentioned in the article grossed $400,000 his first year with one truck.
Apparently there are many in the Atlanta area that would like to get in on the food cart craze, but Atlanta laws forbid selling hot food from a truck. Read this from Atlanta Food Carts.com:
Apparently there are many in the Atlanta area that would like to get in on the food cart craze, but Atlanta laws forbid selling hot food from a truck. Read this from Atlanta Food Carts.com:
During a recent Pecha Kucha cultural event at Octane billed as an open letter to the next mayor of Atlanta, we whipped a sizeable crowd into a frenzy by showing them juicy slides of pedestrians buying Thai street food, Czech “schnitzelwitches,” and waffles folded like tacos over bacon and eggs drizzled with maple syrup. “You no longer have to eat gummy sandwiches at your desk or kill yourself eating fast food…there is a wonderful alternative,” we told the audience, eliciting a chorus of “Where, where?” We let the message sink in while showing contrasting pictures of a bleak downtown with cracked, empty parking lots. “Portland, Oregon: 373 food carts and counting; Atlanta: barely any,” we answered, entering in evidence the Orleagian Snow Ball truck (retired for the season) and the guy who sells basic groceries and candies out of a truck at the corner of Lake Avenue and Krog Street.Gummy sandwiches and fast food. Yup, I'm sure a food cart parked outside the hospital where I work would do a killer business.

1 comment:
That's really cool. Stephen could do the oat cakes, Caitlin the coffees, and you could do blood pressure and blood sugar tests.
Post a Comment