My husband's Wittkop grandparents, Margaret Geddis and Charles J. Wittkop, were gone long before I met him. I knew them from the framed black and white photograph in the bookcase, which reminded me very much of my mother's parents.
I didn't know for a long time that this lovely photo was taken in commemoration of their 50th wedding anniversary. To celebrate this milestone, their six children planned a party in their honor and hired a photographer to take photos of their large posterity.
Last week as I sifted through the Wittkop Family Archive (Stephen's parents' slide collection), I found several pictures taken by Stephen's dad, Harold (Witt), taken at the same event, but in glorious color! Altogether they show us a very sweet evening, celebrating the lives of two very sweet people.
 |
| From the photographer: Nana & Grampy with grandchildren |
 |
| Witt's photo of the photographer setting up the shot |
 |
With their children
|
 |
| Children & their spouses |
 |
| the party afterward! |
 |
| Grampy & Nana |
 |
| Nana cuts the cake with Pete looking on |
 |
| 50 years! |
No comments:
Post a Comment