Here's a photo of my endeavor...
It is not from ourselves that we learn to be better than we are. ~ Wendell Berry
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
The Silpat
I don't know how I've managed to cook without a silicone baking mat for this long, but that deficit was cured last night. I bought one after watching a video on one of my favorite cooking blogs (jeez, you'd think I actually cooked!). Check out Food Wishes and see what cranks your tractor. So far, I've made his White Bean Chicken Chili (the best flavor I've ever tasted in a chili - TWO tbsp of cumin!) and this little wonder, Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus, which he prepared on a silicone mat. GLORY! Crunchy, salty, peppery, so tasty, and only two ingredients. He says it can be made with ham as well.
Here's a photo of my endeavor...
Here's a photo of my endeavor...

No comments:
Post a Comment