Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

I would like for there to be a hole in the calendar where this day used to be.

Later...


I wrote the above after feeling sorry for myself that one of my children is not here, somehow thinking that makes me less of a mother. I still am, and am still in love with my children, both of them. I love what they learn(ed) and what they continue to teach me about eternal things.

Cait outdid herself with a lovely present. She delivered it personally - at my work, no less -  and made my day.


A beautiful Fiesta pitcher filled with happy purple flowers, which one of my patients promptly drew a picture of and presented it to me. I love it, and I love her for making the sweet effort.

But that wasn't all. Tuesday, Cait took me to lunch at a great little restaurant in Vestavia, Bistro V. She had an amazing salad and I had a Greek chicken wrap with chickpea salad. It was all soooo good!

Maybe I'll keep Mother's Day in the calendar after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment