Sunday, January 3, 2010

Day One



New year, new thoughts, new blog. That's how I'm feeling. A sense of things coming together, from various points in the universe. I'm discovering that truth is one eternal round, and I can get on the wheel at any given point and, if I'm patient enough - thoughtful enough - make my way around to understanding all things.

Whoa, that was an incredible statement.

Two things have sparked a greater thirst for knowledge of truth and its application in my life.

The first is the loss of my son, Corey, 4 1/2 months ago. I'm coming out of the first stage of grieving and finding some perspective on things that I didn't have before. So I'm writing them down to help them "gel" in my head. My faith in my Heavenly Father and the prayers and support of many family and dear friends have gotten me through the unimaginable pain of his death.

I've also been blessed to find myself working on a psychiatric unit, caring for patients who often have no family, no opportunities, no hope. Being immersed in their lives and finding connections between theirs and my own has been, well, painfully liberating? Is that possible? I am finding more and more "constants", truths at work, as I watch over them.

So I'm putting things together: my beliefs, my life, my heart. Rearranging the puzzle pieces and finding a fit. They're beginning to click, one piece at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment