If you were to walk in my house, it wouldn't take long to figure out that Stephen and I collect books. Like dust. We sit still and they just seem to gravitate to us (Amazon does help). We have three bookcases in the basement full of everything from 20-year-old issues of Fine Homebuilding to, well, you name it. We both have wide-ranging curiosities and the need to actually turn pages, so I can't imagine we'd ever own a Kindle.
And we won't give them away! That copy of Essays of E. B. White - with the best short story I can think of, "Death of a Pig," that we bought a quarter of a century ago? Uh uh. I just visited with E. B. and his ghoulish dachshund, Fred. Can't imagine not having those dust-covered pages at hand for immediate perusal, you know, just in case I get the urge.
We need a library.
Enter IKEA and this lovely idea. Too much? I don't think so.

3 comments:
I love the bookcases!
Nope, I'd say that looks just about right!!
All I need now is a rolling ladder :)
Post a Comment