Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's official...

I'm changing weeks at work. I work 8 days on and 6 off, essentially a 7 on 7 off schedule with the requirement of an extra day for benefits. I've been asking for a different assignment, wanting to move to another unit on my week, but that didn't happen and this was offered.

It's a mixed blessing. I have worked with many of the folks on the opposite week and they're all great. I've really come to love a few of the staff on my week, though, and I will miss them terribly. We laugh an awful lot together, and they've been so kind. One of them got toe to toe with me the other day when she heard I'd be moving and said, "I'm mad at you!" with a grin on her face.

The new (to me) team of folks work really well together. No drama, and the tasks are evenly distributed 50/50. I'm lucky to have the opportunity. The only drawback is working holidays for the next 4 years. Such is the lot of a 7/7 shift.

1 comment:

Wendy Haught said...

Hope the transition goes smoothly.

Post a Comment