It's been a week since the carpet installers left and our bedroom furniture made it's way back from the living room to it's accustomed spots. In preparation to move it out, I had to move the piles of where-do-I-put-this items that had accumulated over a couple of years, with their surrounding dust. When it comes to cleaning off my dresser, I've always used a scorched earth policy, raking everything off to the bed, cleaning the dresser top, then deciding what I wanted to put back. Something about having to pick through all that crap in situ keeps the project from ever getting started.
All the photos, buttons, receipts, jewelry boxes, dried flowers, perfume bottles and various sewing projects were dumped in very attractive Whole Foods shopping bags and then dumped again in the basement.
I'm enjoying the sweet peace of an unadorned boudoir. The misty colored walls turned out to be a lovely compliment to my very sturdy but definitely shabby-chic furniture, especially with light filtering in from the cellular shades. It is plain, but a feast of peaceful color and light.
So far three things are back to the future of my new bedroom:
❀ a bottle of perfume Stephen gave me
❀ my mother-in-law's candy dish (which held her mother's cut up Snickers
before that, and now contains bits of my jewelry)
❀ two dried roses to remember Corey by
That seems to be enough, for now.
(Happy Birthday, Barbara Hendrix Wittkop! See, I'm taking good care of that dish!)
***************************
Quote of the day:
"Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful." - William Morris

No comments:
Post a Comment